Cache of liquor, Portland, 1920
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A cache of liquor being taken off a ship in Portland Harbor at Grand Trunk Wharf in 1920 when Prohibition was in effect.
- Title: Cache of liquor, Portland, 1920
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: 1920
- Subject Date: 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph; Glass Negative
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.1232 (print: Photographs--Prohibition)
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Seizure of vessels and cargo--Maine--Portland
Wharves & piers--Maine--Portland
Grand Trunk Wharf (Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.