Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Perspective watercolor produced by the John Calvin Stevens architectural firm, showing the Hannaford Brothers warehouse on Cross Street, 1920 with workers and delivery wagons.
Hannaford occupied the building until 1959, using it as a warehouse and as headquarters for the Red & White chain.
About This Item
- Title: Hannaford building, Portland, 1920
- Creator: Stevens, John Howard
- Creation Date: 1920
- Subject Date: 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: watercolor
- Dimensions: 56 cm x 61 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 209, OS record 351, JCS 0310-1-1919
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Architectural drawings
- John Calvin Stevens Architectural Firm (Portland, Me.)
- Hannaford Brothers Company (Portland, Me.)--Buildings
- Cross Street (Portland, Me.)--Paintings
- Loading docks
- Storage facilities
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.