Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Henry Withee made a soup, which he called erbswurst, that dumped out onto the tote road when a stick holding the pot broke. He and Horace Bailey were canoing the Allagash and were stuck in the area by log jams on the river.
About This Item
- Title: Horace Bailey, West Branch Penobscot River, 1911
- Creator: Withee, Henry L.
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 1955, Box 1/1
- Collection: Henry L. Withee collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Allagash River (Me.)
- Allagash River Waterway (Me.)
- Bailey, Horace--Journeys
- Bailey, Horace--Photographs
- Penobscot River, West Branch (Me.)
- Withee, Henry--Journeys
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.