Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
River drivers put the canoe of Henry Withee and Horace Bailey on their tote sled to haul it around a log jam in the West Branch of the Penobscot River. Withee and Bailey were canoeing the Allagash and were stopped frequently on the West Branch by log jams.
About This Item
- Title: River drivers, West Branch, Penobscot River, 1911
- Creator: Withee, Henry L.
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 1955, Box 1/1
- Collection: Withee, Henry L. collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Allagash River (Me.)
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway (Me.)
- Bailey, Horace--Travel
- Penobscot River, West Branch (Me.)
- Rivers & streams--Maine
- Withee, Henry L.--Travel
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.