Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
For many years peas were grown in rotation with potatoes as an alternative crop to help replenish nutrients to the soil.
In the picture, pea vines are being threshed to separate the peas from the vines.
About This Item
- Title: Threshing peas, ca. 1955
- Creator: Sprague, Richard W.
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 19 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.