Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In the 1970s, potato farmers in Aroostook County grew sugar beets as a rotation crop with potatoes. While a promising concept, scheduling problems arose when both potatoes and sugar beets needed to be harvested at the same time. Sugar beets consequently fell out of favor.
About This Item
- Title: Sugar beets, Aroostook County, ca. 1975
- Creator: Sprague, Richard W.
- Creation Date: circa 1975
- Subject Date: circa 1975
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 20 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.