Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Bethel voted on a delegate to go to a convention to discuss whether Maine should pursue becoming a state independent of Massachusetts. The convention was held in Brunswick in September 1816.
Barbour Bartlett was elected as the delegate. He ran against Eli Twitchell and Samuel Chapman.
About This Item
- Title: Delegate election results, Bethel, 1816
- Creator: Bethel, Town of
- Creation Date: 1816-09-02
- Subject Date: 1816-09-02
- Town: Bethel
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 406, Box 1/6
- Collection: Brunswick Convention of 1816 records
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bethel (Me.)--History
- Brunswick Convention of 1816 separation
- Political elections
- Early contact & settlement
- Personal writing
- Politicans, politics, government & law
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.