Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Merle P. Chaplin, the son of Ella and Joseph Chaplin of South Portland, is shown with his toys. The boy's father was an amateur photographer.
A chalk board above the wall of toys reads, "Some of the things it takes to amuse one small boy."
About This Item
- Title: Merle P. Chaplin with toys, South Portland, ca. 1895
- Creator: Chaplin, Joseph F.
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2126, Box 3/Env. 13
- Collection: Chaplin family collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.