Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Green sampler made by Sarah Dean of Saco/Biddeford at age 12.
She was the daughter of Ezra Dean and she later married George Williams.
Green linen is very unusual in samplers.
About This Item
- Title: Sarah Dean sampler, Saco, ca. 1800
- Creator: Dean, Sarah
- Creation Date: circa 1800
- Subject Date: circa 1800
- Town: Biddeford, Saco
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Silk on linen warp and wool weft
- Dimensions: 46 cm x 29 cm
- Local Code: A86-567
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.