Contributed by Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
H. Sacks & Sons Eastern brand 10 pound potato bag.
In the 1940s potato farmers started packaging their potatoes in distinctive bags. The wide variety of bags illustrates the strong interest in distinctive marketing efforts that is still evident today.
About This Item
- Title: Eastern Potatoes bag, Monticello, c. 1960
- Creation Date: circa 1960
- Subject Date: circa 1960
- Local Name: Long Island
- Town: Bridgehampton, East Quogue, Mattituck, Monticello
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME, NY
- Media: paper
- Dimensions: 43 cm x 20 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Southern Aroostook Agricultural Museum
1678 U.S. Route 1, Littleton, ME 04730
(207) 538-9604 (Debbie)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.