Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
The Patrons of Husbandry, known as the Grange, collected funds to provide a cottage to the new "Girls Farm" at Good Will Homes in Fairfield.
At the 22nd state Grange meeting in Bangor in 1895, it was decided to raise funds for the Grange Cottage that was dedicated on December 20, 1897. The Grange also provided funds for furniture for the cottage.
The Grange has continued to provide support for Grange Cottage.
About This Item
- Title: Grange Cottage, Good Will Homes, 1911
- Creator: Good Will Home Association
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1897
- Local Name: Hinckley
- Town: Fairfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: 2004.493
- Collection: Good Will Home Association
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Route 201, Hinckley, ME 04944
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Farmer's groups--Grange--Maine--Fairfield
- National Grange
- Good Will-Hinckley Home for Boys and Girls (Fairfield, Me.)--Buildings
- Grange Cottage (Fairfield, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.