Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Six girls in Smith Cottage at Good Will-Hinckley Homes for Boys and Girls cooked in the cottage kitchen. The girls were making taffy and pulling it.
The Elizabeth E. Wilcox Smith Cottage was built in 1896 on the northside, the girls side of the campus of Good Will-Hinckley.
Good Will, known as of 2018 as the Good Will-Hinckley Homes for Boys and Girls was founded in 1889 by George Walter Hinckley in Fairfield.
About This Item
- Title: Smith Cottage girls making taffy, Fairfield, ca. 1945
- Creator: Good Will Home Association
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Local Name: Hinckley
- Town: Fairfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 2000.47
- Collection: Good Will Home Association
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Route 201, Hinckley, ME 04944
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Elizabeth E. Wilcox Smith Cottage (Fairfield, Me.)
- Good Will-Hinckley Home for Boys and Girls (Fairfield, Me.)--People
- Orphanages--Maine --Fairfield
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.