Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Harrison Bird Brown (1831-1915) was born in Portland and became a marine artist. His influence led to the formation of the Portland Society of Art and he was one of its first presidents.
He left Portland in 1892 to live with his daughter in England, where he spent the rest of his life.
About This Item
- Title: Harrison B. Brown, Portland, ca. 1879
- Creation Date: circa 1879
- Subject Date: circa 1879
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 525, Vol. 1
- Collection: Fraternity Club photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.