Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Edward H. Elwell (1825-1890) was an editor of the Portland Transcript and a founder of the Maine Press Association. He also wrote a book, The Boys of Thirty-Five, about his childhood in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Edward H. Elwell, Portland, ca. 1875
- Creator: Conant
- Creation Date: circa 1875
- Subject Date: circa 1875
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 525, Vol. 1
- Collection: Fraternity Club photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.