Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Orphan Boys shoveling coal from a train coal car to a wagon at Good Will Home, an orphanage in Hinckley, Fairfield.
The boys moved the coal from the railroad siding on campus to the campus buildings that were heated by coal.
Good Will Home was founded in 1889.
About This Item
- Title: Orphan boys shoveling coal, Fairfield, ca. 1900
- Creator: Good Will Home Association
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Hinckley
- Town: Fairfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 27 cm
- Local Code: 2004-53
- Collection: Good Will Home Association
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Route 201, Hinckley, ME 04944
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Good Will Hinckley Home for Boys and Girls (Fairfield, Me.)--Social aspects
- Good Will Hinckley Home for Boys and Girls (Fairfield, Me.)--People
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.