Waldo-Hancock Bridge roadbed work, 1960
Contributed by Maine State Archives
The Waldo-Hancock Bridge, from the town of Prospect (in Waldo County) to the town of Verona (in Hancock County), was begun in 1929 and completed in 1931.
The bridge underwent substantial repairs between 1959-1961. Shown is the roadbed under repair with the workers in the foreground. The superstructure is still visible.
- Title: Waldo-Hancock Bridge roadbed work, 1960
- Creator: Maine Department of Transportation
- Creation Date: 1960
- Subject Date: 1960
- Town: Prospect, Verona
- County: Hancock, Waldo
- State: ME
- Media: Black and White Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 20.32 x 25.40
- Local Code: msa00003
- Collection: Maine Department of Transportation Bridge Files
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.