Twine Mill, West Kennebunk, ca. 1880
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is an image of the Twine mill in West Kennebunk which was located at the base of Mill Street. It was operated for many years by Robert Lord.
This building was razed in 1974. A brick building was built on the same spot in 1922.
On the hill in the background can be seen a home on Cat Mousam Road once lived in by a Littlefield family. The graveyard (then surrounded by a picket fence) now is barely recognizable and has fallen into disrepair.