The Wentworth Hotel, Kennebunk Beach, ca. 1880
Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Wentworth Hotel was located on the Sea Road, Kennebunk Beach. It was a popular tourist destination at the turn of the 19th century into the 20th century.
Owen Wentworth built the Granite State House in 1879 and, as the Wentworth Hotel, it was expanded a number of times. It was torn down in 1982.
- Title: The Wentworth Hotel, Kennebunk Beach, ca. 1880
- Creator: Houdlette, A. B.
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Local Name: Kennebunk Beach
- Town: Kennebunk
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Cabinet photograph
- Dimensions: 11.4 cm x 19.1 cm
- Local Code: Joy 1103
- Collection: Ken Joy Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Kennebunk Free Library
112 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.