Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image was taken around 1905 at the G.A.R. (Grand Army of the Republic) Reunion at the Arundel Grange Hall.
The 27th Maine Infantry of the Civil War was awarded the Medal of Honor.
Many disputed that they should have received the medal at all. The Medal was later recalled but not all returned the Medal. Many medals are still not accounted for.
About This Item
- Title: 27th Maine Infantry, Arundel Grange Hall, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Local Name: Kennebunk
- Town: Arundel
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Cabinet photograph
- Dimensions: 15.2 cm x 19.7 cm
- Local Code: Joy 686
- Collection: Ken Joy Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Kennebunk Free Library
112 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine Infantry. 27th Regiment, 1862-1863--Reunions
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories--Maine Infantry--27th--Reunions
- 27th Maine
- Civil War
- Maine Infantry. 27th Regiment, 1862-1863
- Medal of Honor
- York County
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.