Hale's Corner School, Brooklin, 1898
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hale's Corner School was one of the earliest schools built, located at the intersection of Hale Hill Road and River Road (orginally part of Sedgwick). When the location was in Sedgwick, the school was known as Sedgwick School No. 4, and informally as the Eastern School, referring to its location relative to other Sedgwick schools. Hale's Corner School was one of a number of neighborhood schools that permitted children to walk home for lunch.