Stephen Hall on Penobscot Expedition, 1779
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Stephen Hall of Falmouth (Portland) wrote to Jeremiah Powell, a member of the Massachusetts Council and a resident of North Yarmouth, about the disastrous Penobscot Expedition and offers to fill the position of procurer of provisions.
He notes that his service to that point had been at his own expense.
- Title: Stephen Hall on Penobscot Expedition, 1779
- Creator: Hall, Stephen
- Creation Date: 1779-08-29
- Subject Date: 1779-08-29
- Town: Falmouth
- County: Cumberland, Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 422 v. 1
- Collection: Maine Historical Society manuscript scrapbooks
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.