Contributed by Caribou Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hardwood potato barrels set out for the potato pickers.
After the potato digger extracted the potatoes from the ground, potato pickers worked through a field gathering the potatoes into baskets then dumping them into barrels.
Pickers were paid by the barrel.
About This Item
- Title: Potato barrels at harvest, Caribou, ca. 1930
- Creator: Whitneck, George
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Caribou
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Caribou Public Library
30 High Street, Caribou, ME 04736
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Agricultural laborers--Maine--Caribou
- Agricultural machinery & implements--Maine--Caribou
- Potato growers--Maine--Caribou
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.