Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
G. Herbert Whitney took this photograph of the main entrance to the Ethelbert W. Nevin estate in Blue Hill to accompany a story by his wife, Lewiston Journal writer Emmie Bailey Whitney.
The widow of composer Nevin built the estate and later had her husband's body moved from Pennsylvania to Blue Hill.
About This Item
- Title: Entrance, Ethelbert Nevin estate, Blue Hill, 1933
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1933-07-16
- Subject Date: 1933-07-16
- Town: Blue Hill
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553, No. 1
- Collection: Whitney, George Herbert Interesting Interviews
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--Blue Hill
- Estates--Maine--Blue Hill
- Ethelbert W. Nevin, 1862-1901--Death & burial
- Ethelbert W. Nevin, 1862-1901--Homes and haunts--Blue Hill
- Houses--Maine--Blue Hill
- Nevin, Anne P, d. 1942--Homes and haunts--Maine--Blue Hill
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.