Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photo, taken in 1908, shows the house where poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow lodged during his time as a student at the University of Goettingen, Germany. The white marble tablet on the outside of the building marks the room where Longfellow lived in 1829.
About This Item
- Title: Henry W. Longfellow's Student Lodgings in Goettingen, Germany, 1908
- Creator: Marshall, John
- Creation Date: 1908
- Subject Date: 1829
- Town: Goettingen
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: A85-490
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Authors, American
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Germany--Goettingen--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.