Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #50 from the Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick papers showing Merrymeeting Bay, the Kennebec River, and various forts and settlements along the river.
The map also includes a description of the Fort at Norridgewock.
About This Item
- Title: Norridgewock Fort and Kennebec River, 1719
- Creator: Heath, Joseph
- Creation Date: 1719-05-16
- Subject Date: 1719
- Town: Norridgewock
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc, Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 44 cm x 62 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 50
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine
- Merrymeeting Bay (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- Pejepscot Purchase Company
- Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick--Records and correspondence--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.