Contributed by City of Portland Dept. of Public Works
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This early map of and area of the City of Portland shows lots and property owners' names in the neighborhood of the Fore River and Bramhall Hill.
The map was created by early Portland resident Peleg Wadsworth.
Text on the map reads, "This Plan of the Town on Bramhall's Hill in Portland was taken at the request and expense of William Vaughan the proprietor and created principally in the year 1803 but afterwards finally completed in the year 1813 by Peleg Wadsworth Surveyor."
The map includes Vaughan Street and Maine Street (now Congress).
About This Item
- Title: Vaughan Plan
- Creator: Wadsworth, Peleg
- Creation Date: circa 1813
- Subject Date: circa 1813
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 48 cm x 38 cm
- Local Code: 369/1
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:City of Portland Dept. of Public Works
55 Portland Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Cadastral maps
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829
- Bramhall Hill (Portland, Me.)--Maps, Manuscript
- Portland (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript
- Landowners--Maine--Portland--Maps, Manuscript
- Fore River (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)--Maps, Manuscript
- Vaughan Street (Portland, Me.)--Maps, Manuscript
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.