Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The title of the map is "Plan exploring survey from the source of the River St. Croix to the Great Waggansis waters of the Restigouche : between the 27th July and 9th October 1817."
This map is part of the Thomas Barclay collection that includes maps and surveys taken to resolve disputes about the northeast boundary of the United States.
About This Item
- Title: Exploring survey, St. Croix River to Great Waggansis, 1817
- Creator: Bouchette, Joseph
- Creation Date: 1817
- Subject Date: 1817
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME, NB, QC
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 243 cm x 53 cm
- Local Code: Map 26, Map R1
- Collection: Barclay collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Rivers -- Canada -- New Brunswick -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Rivers -- United States -- Maine -- Maps., Manuscript.
- Northeast boundary of the United States--Maps, Manuscript
- Grand River (N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Treaty of Ghent 1814
- United States -- Boundaries -- Canada -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Canada -- Boundaries -- United States -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Presquille River (N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Aroostook River (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Meduxnekeag River (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Saint Croix River (Me. and N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Saint John River (Me. and N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- St. John River (Me. and N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Restigouche River (N.B. and Québec) -- Maps, Manuscript.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.