Surveyor's Vernier Compass, c. 1840
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The compass was a critical tool used by surveyors to define angles between points on land. This compass belonged to Levi Bradley of Levant, Maine, who was Land Agent of Maine from 1842-1847.
- Title: Surveyor's Vernier Compass, c. 1840
- Creator: Pool and Company, Easton, Mass.
- Creation Date: circa 1840
- Subject Date: circa 1840
- State: ME
- Media: Brass, glass and pine
- Local Code: 1752*
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.