Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Nearly every town of any size in Maine had at least one Chinese hand laundry about the time of World War I. To the left is the Charlie Goon Laundry in Sanford.
About This Item
- Title: Charlie Goon Laundry, Washington Street, Sanford
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Town: Sanford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2080, Box 5/1
- Collection: Chinese American collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.