Map of towns laid out along the Androscoggin River, ca. 1760, Map #74
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map of areas around the Androscoggin River near Livermore, Mexico (Maine), Leeds, Jay, and Canton, Maine, ca. 1760. Commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company. Map number probably added later by John McKeen, Clerk of the Company. Names on the map include Holman town, Phipps Canada, Livermore, and Jay.
The lands depicted in this map are a plan for towns along the Androscoggin River. In this map the towns are labeled as Livermore Falls, Phipps Canada (or Jay), Holman Town and Perricook. These towns in the area depicted by this map are now known as Livermore Falls, Jay, Canton, Peru and Dixfield.
- Title: Map of towns laid out along the Androscoggin River, ca. 1760, Map #74
- Creator: Pejepscot Purchase Company
- Creation Date: circa 1760
- Subject Date: circa 1760
- Town: Canton, Jay, Leeds, Livermore Falls, Mexico
- County: Androscoggin, Franklin, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 32 x 35
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map #74
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
Livermore Falls (Me.)--Maps
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.