Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This map of the mouth of the Saint Francis River is part of a book entitled "Islands in the Saint John River from the Meridian Line to the Saint Francis River showing The Boundary Line between Great Britain & the U. States." The book is part of the Thomas Barclay collection, that includes maps relating to the surveying of the area around the northeast boundary of the United States.
About This Item
- Title: Map of the Mouth of the St. Francis River, 1843
- Creation Date: 1843
- Subject Date: 1843
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME, QC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 37 cm x 50 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 26, Book A Map 15
- Collection: Barclay collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Subject Kendalls Island (N.B.) -- Maps, Manuscript -- 19th century.
- Savage & Johnson (Me.) -- Maps, Manuscript -- 19th century.
- Treaty of Washington (1842)
- United States--Boundaries--Canada--Maps, Manuscript--19th century
- Saint John River (Me. and N.B.)--Maps, Manuscript--19th century
- Islands--New Brunswick--Maps, Manuscript--19th century
- Northeast boundary of the United States--Maps, Manuscript--19th century
- Canada -- Boundaries -- United States -- Maps, Manuscript--19th century
- Estcourt, G. Bucknall, Commissioner
- Saint Francis River (Quebec)--Maps, Manuscript--19th century
- Furth, Albert, Commissioner
- Islands -- Maine -- Maps, Manuscript -- 19th century
- Barclay, Thomas 1753-1830
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.