Peck's department store, Lewiston, ca. 1900
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows Peck's department store, popularly known as "The Great Department Store."
The store was founded in 1880 in the Music Hall block on Lisbon Street, moved six years later to the Sands Block, and in 1899 to Main Street at Lisbon Street.
For many years, Peck's had the only Santa at Christmas.