Contributed by Cary Library
A letter from the Committee of Bangor to the Select-men of Houlton expressing their fear that Irish immigrants traveling up the Saint John River and passing through Houlton on their way to Bangor may be carrying disease, perhaps cholera, and that these Irish immigrants should be stopped by force if necessary.
About This Item
- Title: Letter from Committee of Bangor, 1832
- Creator: Committee of Bangor
- Creation Date: 1832-07-03
- Subject Date: 1832-07-03
- Town: Bangor, Fredericton, Houlton, St. John
- County: Aroostook, Penobscot
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 18.8 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Library
107 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.