Contributed by Cary Library
A certificate of non-liability was a form issued to men who for a variety of reasons were not available for conscription for a specified number of years. In this case, Henry Chapman provided an accepted replacement.
About This Item
- Title: Certificate of non-liability for Civil War, Houlton, 1863
- Creator: Board of Enrollment
- Creation Date: 1863-09-01
- Subject Date: 1863-09-01
- Town: Bangor, Houlton
- County: Aroostook, Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: printed form
- Dimensions: 24.5 cm x 19.3 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Library
107 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.