Portrait of Big Mary, Pleasant Point, 1901
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Eastport photographer Charles E. Brown took the hand-tinted portrait of Big Mary.
She was a Passamaquoddy Indian and the second wife of long-time Passamaquoddy chief Sopiel Selmore.
- Title: Portrait of Big Mary, Pleasant Point, 1901
- Creator: Brown, Charles E.
- Creation Date: circa 1901
- Subject Date: circa 1901
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 16 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--People--S
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.