Portrait of Big Mary, Pleasant Point, 1901
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Eastport photographer Charles E. Brown took the hand-tinted portrait of Big Mary.
She was a Passamaquoddy Indian and the second wife of long-time Passamaquoddy chief Sopiel Selmore.
- Title: Portrait of Big Mary, Pleasant Point, 1901
- Creator: Brown, Charles E.
- Creation Date: circa 1901
- Subject Date: circa 1901
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: color enhanced photographic print
- Dimensions (cm): 21 x 16
- Local Code: Photographs--People--S
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.