Contributed by Brick Store Museum
The 799-ton bark Hiram Emery (left) and 1799-ton ship Vigilant were both built in 1877 in the shipyard of Captain Nathaniel Lord Thompson at Kennebunk Lower Village.
The Hiram Emery was lost on the Gold Coast of Africa in 1903.
About This Item
- Title: Hiram Emery and Vigilant under construction, Kennebunk, 1877
- Creator: The Brick Store Museum
- Creation Date: 1877
- Subject Date: 1877
- Local Name: Lower Village
- Town: Kennebunk
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 23.5 cm
- Local Code: 83.18.3.a
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Brick Store Museum
117 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.