Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A hand-tinted photo shows a stone and stucco house at 6 Richards Street, South Portland, in the Sylvan Site, a 1920s development in which all houses were different. Directions to the painter of the photograph stated "stucco mulberry" and "stucco with a crimson tint (purplish), trimmings dark crimson (garnet), stone bluish, greenish, dark yellowish, roof burn sienna, chimney drab, door bright ochre."
About This Item
- Title: Stone and stucco house, 6 Richards Street, South Portland, ca. 1920s
- Creator: Fenley, Walter H.
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Sylvan Site
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 446, Box 1/38
- Collection: Sylvan Site photographs
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Hinckley, Frederick Wheeler, 1878-1933
- Housing developers
- Housing development--Maine--South Portland
- Housing, Single family--Maine--South Portland
- Land subdivision--Maine--South Portland
- Real estate development--Maine--South Portland
- Richards Street (South Portland, Me.)
- Sylvan Site (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.