Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A Spanish villa style home at 140 Clifford Street, South Portland, is part of the Sylvan Site development created in the 1920s by Frederick Wheeler Hinckley. The photograph by Walter Fenley was hand tinted. Directions to the painter noted "house salmon color" and "chimney same as house."
About This Item
- Title: Spanish villa, 140 Clifford Street, South Portland, c. 1920s
- Creator: Fenley, Walter H.
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Sylvan Site
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 27 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 446, Box 1/37
- Collection: Sylvan Site photographs
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sylvan Site (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Housing, Single family--Maine--South Portland
- Housing development--Maine--South Portland
- Housing developers
- Real estate development--Maine--South Portland
- Land subdivision--Maine--South Portland
- Clifford Street (South Portland, Me.)
- Hinckley, Frederick Wheeler, 1878-1933
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.