Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A hand-tinted photograph shows the gardens at 975, 975, and 980 Sawyer Street, part of the Sylvan Site in South Portland, about 1920.
About This Item
- Title: Gardens on Sawyer Street, South Portland, ca. 1920s
- Creator: Fenley, Walter R.
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 446, Box 1/33
- Collection: Sylvan Site photographs
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Gardens--Maine--South Portland--Sawyer Street
- Hinckley, Frederick Wheeler, 1878-1933
- Housing developers
- Housing development--Maine--South Portland
- Housing, Single family--Maine--South Portland
- Land subdivision--Maine--South Portland
- Real estate development--Maine--South Portland
- Sawyer Street (South Portland, Me.)
- Sylvan Site (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.