Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Conductor was the one officially in charge of a train, however, a rhyme current among railroaders, expressed their frustration:
I cannot run the train,
I cannot ring the bell,
But let the dang thing jump the track
And see who catches hell!
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook Conductor's hat, 1960
- Creation Date: 1960
- Subject Date: 1960
- Town: Oakfield
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Cloth
- Dimensions: 7.6 cm x 19.1 cm x 27.9 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Employees--Equipment and supplies
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Uniforms
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.