Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally produced television program featuring high school students from surrounding schools. The program aired its final show on June 26, 1971. Series regulars and past guests returned for a final celebration.
The program, which reached nearly 35,000 Portland area homes at times, began on WGAN-TV in 1955 and later moved to WCSH-TV.
About This Item
- Title: Dave Astor poses with guests on the set of the final show, Portland, 1971
- Creation Date: 1971-06-26
- Subject Date: 1971-06-26
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA922
- Collection: Dave Astor Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- African Americans--Maine
- Dave Astor Show
- Rock & roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.