Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In this aerial photograph looking southwest, major components include the open-spaced Eastern Promenade across the foreground, as well as the working waterfront and railroad, which extended from the Eastern Prom to beyond the "Million Dollar Bridge" in the background. Congress Street, the major thoroughfare on the right, dissected the city.
About This Item
- Title: Aerial view of Casco Bay and the Portland Peninsula, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Portland, South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.328
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Plate Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.