Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Camp Slapjack was a remote outpost located on Roach Pond, about seven miles east of Lily Bay on Moosehead Lake.
Shown here on August 22, 1887, is the Dunn party, guided by Henry Tremblay, seated holding a brook trout ready for the frying pan.
About This Item
- Title: Camp Slapjack, Roach Pond, 1887
- Creator: Dunn, John W.G.
- Creation Date: 1887-08-22
- Subject Date: 1887-08-22
- Town: Frenchtown Twp
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Cabinet photograph
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 21 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 447, Box 1
- Collection: John W. G. (John Warner Grigg) Dunn photographs and diaries
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Recreation--Maine--Frenchtown Township
- Hunting guides--Maine
- Fishing guides--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.