Horse at water barrel, ca. 1910
Contributed by Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A hand-colored photograph of a horse standing by a water barrel, entitled "But you can't make him drink!," is an example of a rural scene photographed by Chansonetta Stanley Emmons. Emmons traveled throughout New England with her daughter Dorothy, photographing and sharing her work through programs and lectures. The title was assigned by the artist.
- Title: Horse at water barrel, ca. 1910
- Creator: Emmons, Chansonetta Stanley
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Media: Lantern slide, hand colored
- Dimensions: 5.5 cm x 7.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4040 Box 5/A031
- Collection: Chansonetta Stanley Emmons Photograph Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Stanley Museum on deposit at Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.