Letter from Frederick Douglass to Elizabeth Mountfort, Aug. 8, 1850
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Escaped slave and anti-slavery advocate Frederick Douglass wrote to Elizabeth Mountfort, corresponding secretary of the Portland Anti-Slavery Society, concerning the society's invitation for him to lecture before them.
- Title: Letter from Frederick Douglass to Elizabeth Mountfort, Aug. 8, 1850
- Creator: Douglass, Frederick
- Creation Date: 1850-08-08
- Subject Date: 1850-08-08
- Town: Portland, Rochester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 14, Box 1, Fl. 4
- Collection: Portland Anti-Slavery Society Papers, 1844-1866
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Portland Anti-Slavery Society--Records and correspondence
Mountfort, Elizabeth, 1806-1876--Correspondence
Douglass, Frederick, 1818-1895--Correspondence
Lectures and lecturing
Speeches, addresses, etc.
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.