Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles Bullen Dunn (right)and Herbert Washington, a Dunn hunting and fishing companion, stand in front of a log cabin at Ragged Lake with a hanging whitetail buck.
Generous game laws at the end of the 19th century, meant to attract wealthy non-resident sportsman, made it possible to hunt and fish during the summer months.
About This Item
- Title: Ragged Lake, ca. 1887
- Creator: Dunn, John W.
- Creation Date: circa 1887
- Subject Date: circa 1887
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 447, Box 1
- Collection: John W. G. (John Warner Grigg) Dunn photographs and diaries
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.