Contributed by Monhegan Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Left to right: Ralph Gifford, Eldorus McLain, and Courtland Brackett mended seine nets in Monhegan Harbor aboard Brackett's boat, the Natalie B.
Setting nets in the harbor was once a common and profitable practice for fishermen.
About This Item
- Title: Tending seine nets in Monhegan Harbor, Monhegan, ca. 1930
- Creator: Brackett, Lorimer
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Monhegan
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: 703.01
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Monhegan Museum
1 Lighthouse Hill, Monhegan, ME 04852
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fishing nets--Maine--Monhegan
- Fishing--Equipment and supplies
- Monhegan (Me.)
- Monhegan Island (Me.)--History, Local.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.