Rolling logs, Lovewell Pond, 1939
Contributed by National Archives at Boston
Workers rolled logs from a truck onto a rollway at Lovewell Pond, staging them at the pond for transport by stream to a paper mill.
The Northeastern Timber Salvage Administration oversaw the salvage logging efforts in the aftermath of the New England Hurricane of 1938.
- Title: Rolling logs, Lovewell Pond, 1939
- Creator: U.S. Forest Service. Northeastern Timber Salvage Administration.
- Creation Date: 1939
- Subject Date: 1939
- Local Name: Lovewell Pond
- Town: Fryeburg
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: NAID #5313453, Box 1, 35/16/7
- Collection: Record Group 95: Records of the U.S. Forest Service; Records Related to Timber Salvage, 1938-1941
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
National Archives at Boston
380 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Maine Forestry District
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.