Contributed by Maine Central Institute
The commanding officer of Pittsfield militia Company A, George N. Pushaw, sent this draft notice to Willard B. Cross on September 13, 1862.
Cross was ordered to appear at the Pittsfield railroad depot on Tuesday, September 16, ready to travel to Camp E. D. Keyes in Augusta. There he would join other men waiting to be assigned to a regiment.
There is no indication that Cross ever served in a Civil War regiment.
About This Item
- Title: Willard Cross draft notice, Pittsfield, 1862
- Creator: Pushaw, George N.
- Creation Date: 1862-09-13
- Subject Date: 1862-09-13
- Town: Pittsfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.5 cm x 19.0 cm
- Collection: Civil War Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Central Institute
295 Main Street, Pittsfield, ME 04967
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Pittsfield (Me.)--History--Civil War, 1862-1865--Recruiting and enlistment
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1862-1865--Recruiting and enlistment
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.