Letter from Abby Campbell to Elizabeth Mountfort, c. 1860
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Personal letter from Abby Hobby Campbell, 1806-1886, of East Sangerville, to Elizabeth Mountfort, 1806-1886, of Portland. Campbell was the niece of Mountfort's sister-in-law. The letter highlights the types of work women did on farms in the mid nineteenth century.
- Title: Letter from Abby Campbell to Elizabeth Mountfort, c. 1860
- Creator: Campbell, Abby Hobby
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Local Name: East Sangerville
- Town: Portland, Sangerville
- County: Cumberland, Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 14 Box 1 fl. 6
- Collection: Portland Anti-Slavery Society Papers, 1844-1866
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.