Letter from Abby Campbell to Elizabeth Mountfort, c. 1860
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Personal letter from Abby Hobby Campbell, 1806-1886, of East Sangerville, to Elizabeth Mountfort, 1806-1886, of Portland. Campbell was the niece of Mountfort's sister-in-law. The letter highlights the types of work women did on farms in the mid nineteenth century.
- Title: Letter from Abby Campbell to Elizabeth Mountfort, c. 1860
- Creator: Campbell, Abby Hobby
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Local Name: East Sangerville
- Town: Portland, Sangerville
- County: Cumberland, Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 14 Box 1 fl. 6
- Collection: Portland Anti-Slavery Society Papers, 1844-1866
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.